Accounting is the language of business. By attending this course you will learn the fundamentals of accounting as well as reading and analyzing financial statements. You will also appreciate the relationship between accounting and finance and understand the use of debits and credits. Finally, this course will help you to record financial transactions accurately and summarize them in financial statements.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define accounting and its cycle
- Identify the major rules and principles of accounting under the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic accounting equation, double-entry bookkeeping, and the new automated accounting systems
- List the key financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, changes in shareholders’ equity and cash flow statement) and their components
- Practice financial statements’ adjustments at month and year-end
Managers, supervisors and staff from any function including the accounting department who need to improve their understanding, application and techniques of the language of numbers.