The purpose of this course is to provide managers and safety professionals with a deeper understanding of their role in implementing and determining the outcomes of a safety program. ‘How to be a Leader in Safety and Health’ focuses on the importance of top management involvement in guiding the process of implementing new approaches to health and safety. The course addresses the change management process which can be a challenge for some organizations seeking a significant improvement in their health and safety performance. When routine and traditional risk reduction approaches do not produce the desired results, a new strategy should be put in place. With many real life examples and interactive exercises, a step-by-step process is introduced to enable participants to influence health and safety policies and procedures in their organizations. Moreover, participants will be ready to take a leadership role in promoting good health and safety practices and implementing related changes.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Enhance your ability to effectively manage a safety and health program
- Develop skills in safety supervision, leadership and evaluation
- Identify and list safety and health training needs
- Assess and measure a safety and health culture
- Effectively measure a safety culture program after implementation
Safety officers and other safety professionals involved in developing, implementing and making safety an integral part of the overall organizational culture.