Today’s security landscape requires individuals and businesses to take the threat to safety and security seriously. Safe and secure environments can be achieved by applying principles, concepts and knowledge of access and egress control, risk management, physical security procedures, security and resilience measures. This specialized security course provides participants with the skills and foresight to protect assets such as; people, property, policy, procedure and reputation, through engaging live exercises, demonstrations, and active participation.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of physical security planning
- Develop a strong knowledge of access and egress control principles required to manage and perform physical security
- Conduct risk, vulnerability and exposure assessments
- Demonstrate knowledge of internal versus external security procedure
- Apply knowledge of Information Technology for access control
This course has been designed for security team leaders, supervisors and managers who are looking to increase their knowledge on access and egress operations. It is also ideal for site or company managers or owners who are looking to set up physical security systems and/or teams, or security professionals new to physical security and access control.